Does my Device Support Displaying a Badge/Counter? Getting to know our Intelligent Counter
The App Icon Counter (badge) gives you a quick view of the number of Unread emails waiting for you within BlueMail.
We recently redesigned the Icon Counter’s functionality and now feature an Intelligent Counter, which allows the App Icon Counter to automatically clear its value every time the app is opened and your account is visited. We think you are going to love this added ability.
Does my Device Support Displaying a Badge/Dot for BlueMail?
The ability to present a badge/dot on the app icon is a property of the “launcher” of your device and is dependent on both your Android version and your Device’s Rom.
We support an App Icon Counter for the native launchers of many devices, as well as some common 3rd-party launchers (like Nova/Tesla, and Apex).
If you device does not support a badge or if you are wondering why you are not seeing a badge/dot on Android Oreo, please see alternatives to the native icon badge.
How do I Configure the App Icon Counter (Badge)?
To configure the App Icon Counter, head over to More (o o o) | Global Settings | App Icon Counter (Badge)
If your launcher supports the badge, you will see the following three options:
- Display Intelligent Counter-
- With the Intelligent Counter enabled, only new unread emails received in your inbox since the last time you open the account will be calculated into the new App Icon Counter. With just one glance at your home screen, you can now see exactly how many new emails are waiting for you within BlueMail since your last visit.
- With the Intelligent Counter disabled, all Unread emails in your inbox will be calculated into the number on the App Icon.
- Select Specific Account- By default, emails from the Unified inbox are used to calculate the Icon Counter. If you would like to select a specific account to be used instead, tap on this option and select your account.
- Reinitialize Unread Counter- Sometimes the Icon Counter might need to be recalculated in order to see the most updated unread count. Tap on this option if you think the Icon Counter is not currently updated.